Launching a product can be an exciting and daunting experience. With the right preparation, it doesn’t have to be overwhelming.
There are many steps and processes that you need to know before you launch your product.
In this guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know to get launched.
Whether it’s your business or first product this post will guide you in getting started. Happy launching!
What is a product launch?
It’s the public release of your product or service. Launching a product is not only reserved for physical products, launching an e-book, online course or coaching program are also all types of launches.
The kind of launch you do depends on what kind of business you run and how it runs. Some products will require more attention than others so be sure to keep your goals in mind.
Why you should launch a product?
Launching your product is an exciting, nerve-wracking experience but it’s also great for business development.
Launching a well-made product will attract new clients, boost brand awareness and boost traffic to your business.
What are the benefits of Launching my product?
Launching your product comes with many benefits. Let’s explore some of those:
Boosts Brand Awareness – Launching your project is an opportunity for you to let people know what you are offering. Launching is your chance to establish the first touchpoint with your customers so make sure that this initial impression is strong. Show them what they’re getting into and why it’s beneficial to them.
Establish yourself as an Authority – Launching a product means you’ve put a lot of time and effort into your project. Launching a project tells potential customers that you’re serious about creating something to help them. Launching also means that you’ve done your research and created a product for a specific audience, a perfect opportunity to establish yourself as an authority within your market.
Boosts Traffic – Launching your product is a great time to let everyone know what you are doing. Launching will also help your campaign’s main page get more exposure and ultimately generate traffic to it. The launch day has always been the one that gets the most attention so be sure to use this opportunity to promote your other social media profiles, website or email list.
Launching your product is an opportunity to get valuable feedback.
Launching will also allow you to get valuable insight about what did not work well and how can you improve on it before launching again for a wider audience.
How do I maximize the benefits of Launching my product?
Launching your product won’t bear any fruit at all if you don’t have a good campaign strategy.
Launching is your opportunity to introduce your product to the world but it’s also an opportunity for people to buy it.
Launching can be stressful and confusing; there are many things you need to consider before giving the go-ahead.
You should always come up with a well-crafted launch plan that suits your budget and goals.
This should include a way to capture contact details of people interested in what you have to offer right from the start, a way to nurture them into buying your thing and a way to get feedback if they didn’t buy.
What is a good Launching process?
Launching your product shouldn’t be something you do haphazardly. Launching should be done methodically with a plan to follow so that you can generate the most buzz about your project.
Here are some of the things you need to consider before launching:
Launching to the correct audience.
Launching your product to the wrong people will kill your momentum and send you back into square one.
Find out where your target market is most active, what they are talking about and who their influencers are so you can reach them through social media or by creating a campaign exclusively for them.
Launching the right way means generating interest and excitement for your product, before your launch date, so you need to target people who would be most interested in buying it.
Launching with a set goal in mind and without a clear objective is like launching blindfolded.
Launching needs to have a well thought out plan of action behind it. Launching will help you gain the momentum and sales that you need to get your product moving forward if done right.
Launching is a strategy, not just an event. Launching with a goal means measuring it to see if it’s working out for you or not.
So you should know exactly what your goals are, what metrics you’ll be measuring and how you’ll be measuring your metrics.
At the end of the launch, you should have a clear yes or no to whether you met your goals.
Launching at the right time without doing your homework may keep you from capitalizing on the best time to launch.
Launching when it’s least expected will get your product more attention and generate interest from people who would want to buy your product immediately.
Launching at a busy time means you’ll have a hard time getting noticed so make sure that you do your research before diving in headfirst.
You don’t want to launch when a big authority in your niche is launching or maybe several other thought leaders are launching.
If you’re talking to the same or similar audiences they may have launch blinders on. Where their inbox is bombarded by the thought leader and all their influencer friends. I know I’ve been there!
The next thing you need to consider is are you ” Launching your Product, or Launching a service ?”
Launching a service means you have to create a system for it before launching, but can be easier as you don’t need to create a ton of stuff for it.
Launching a product on the other hand may require you to create part of the product so you can give immediate access to customers.
But there are some digital products you could launch and not create upfront. You just set up your launch sequence and let everyone know when what they are buying will be available.
This method is a harder sell if you’re brand new and have no track record.
Launching something that’s already been established is more likely to get you sales quickly because there are already people who want to buy from you.
How will Launching your Product help you sell more?
Launching is your opportunity to get your product out there and generate interest among your target market. It can help you grow your list and therefore growing your audience for your business and other products.
Finally Launching a Product is a great way to test the market and validate that your business idea will work.
When should you launch your product?
For most people, this is a hard question to answer.
Launching your product too soon will usually give you very little revenue and no success.
Finding the right time for launching your product is crucial for its success.
You should launch your product once you know your target audience and you have started to build your own audience. You can launch with a small audience but you have to have an audience to launch.
If you have no audience but have an amazing product you could borrow other people’s audiences to launch.
Once you have that first launch under your belt you will have a bigger audience to launch to next time.
What are some Launching options you have?
There are many different ways to launch your product or service. The best option varies depending on how much money or time you have, the type of business model you are using and what industry you are in.
Some common Launching methods are:
Self Launching: Doing everything alone without any help.
This is the method most entrepreneurs use due to its low cost.
However, you will still need to spend significant time and effort putting your product or service together if you choose self Launching. Launching by yourself is the cheapest way to do it as you don’t have to pay any extra people.
However, you should invest in a system that will guide you through each step of your launch like this step-by-step launch system.
Launching with a Team: Using a team of experts can speed up Launching your product or service.
Launching with an external team is slightly more expensive than Launching alone but it will probably be faster too.
Launching with Help from family and friends: Launching with help from your family and friends is a good Launching option because it will cost little or nothing while still giving you valuable Launching feedback.
6 Steps to Launching Your Product
1) Set a launch date.
2) Create a product launch checklist for yourself to follow. This should include creating your product, posting advertising copy, developing press releases and any other marketing materials you may need to prepare, and also develop a plan for how you will promote the product’s release.
3) Develop a list of people who will receive information on your new product. This can include bloggers, website owners, email list subscribers, news publications and industry influencers.
4) Determine how you will distribute the new product to people in your list. If you are selling a digital product (for example eBooks), this is easy since it can be done via email. However, I suggest using a tool like Sendowl or Sellfy.
If you are selling a physical product, you may need to create your own online store, you could use Sellfy for this as well.
5) Develop the messaging you will use to promote your new product. This includes both verbal and written elements, including email subject lines, promotional copy for website headlines and social media posts. A quick way to do this is by using AI to help you get it done. I suggest you use a tool like jarvis.ai.
6) Implement the promotion strategy. This includes sending the emails and sharing social media posts to your list and posting on industry publications and forums, as well as any other promotional activities you need to do like guest blog posts or interviews.
When Launching a Product: Keep these key things in mind…
- Create an email list for subscribers who are interested in what you have to offer. Include a product launch email sequence that helps build anticipation for your launch and then notifies people of the exact moment you will be launching your new product. Don’t forget to also send a follow-up 1-2 weeks after the launch.
- Promote blog posts, articles, and other types of content related to the product launch. Give people a chance to get excited and really familiar with your product so they aren’t surprised by the announcement of its release.
- Get creative! Think outside the box when it comes to how you want to announce your product launch. The possibilities are endless!
- Launching a product takes strategy and time. Prepare in advance, develop the mechanisms (and the copy) for communicating with your list about when you’ll be launching and then stick to it!
Tips for success when launching a new business or product, including how to create buzz around the event and stay motivated during the process.
1) Create a Buzz before Launching the Product: It’s important to get people excited about your product and to create an air of mystery about it before you officially launch.
There are several ways you can do this. One way is to set up a simple website that contains no more than one sentence announcing your product, a countdown timer with a “coming soon” button. So people can sign up if they are interested.
Create a lead magnet(freebie) and tell people that you’re building up an email list related to your product and if they signup to find out more they will receive the freebie.
Another tactic is to talk about what you are creating on social media and give people a behind science view of you either creating the product or setting up the launch.
2) Launching the Product: Launching a new business or product can be an incredibly rewarding experience, but it can also be an incredibly frustrating one if you don’t have a methodical approach to launching.
It’s easy for people who are excited about their launch to get carried away, promising too much and not delivering. Launching a product is one of the most critical activities in any business, so it’s important to go about it in the right way.
That’s why I advise you get a system like this one that shows you what you need to do step by step.
3) Launching on Social Media: Launching your product on social media is one of the most important parts of starting off your launch. It’s an opportunity for you to tell people what you’re launching, why it’s so great, and when exactly they can expect the product to launch.
Launching on social media can be done in several ways.
Launching on all of your social networks at once is a great way to ensure that you get the most exposure possible. It’s also a good idea to create one or two sites where people are able to sign up for more information about the product, allowing you to capture email addresses that you can use for future marketing campaigns.
Launching on social media can also be done one more level by launching a beta version of your product on special platforms such as just to your Facebook group, allowing you to get early feedback from customers before the launch and ensure that your product is as good as possible once it’s released.
4) Launching with a Bang: Launching a product can be an incredibly difficult task for some people. Launching a product is much more than just creating it and releasing it to the public.
Launching a product successfully requires that you have people saying about your product, which means that you need to create as much buzz as possible around your launch.
Launching with a bang involves being everywhere. This is not the time to be shy. Talk about your launch everywhere and to everyone. Post on social media several times a day during your launch period.
Launching with a bang also involves email marketing, creating valuable webinars or podcasts for people, and all sorts of other methods that will allow people to learn more about your product and get excited enough about your launch to be part of it.
Launching with a bang is essential to having a successful launch.
Launching a Product as a Beginner
Launching a product, service or business can be challenging, but it’s also an exciting and rewarding process. Remember to take the necessary steps, so you can reap all of the benefits that come with it.
By following this guide, you’ll have all of your bases covered to make sure that your launch is successful.
We want to empower you with these tips so that you can take charge and create success for yourself!
To help get started, download our FREE Launch Journal Workbook by getting FREE Access to our Build Your Business Vault below.